[Asterisk-Users] SIP and DTMF

Alex Pepper ape.mlist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:35:02 MST 2005

I would like to exchange DTMF between an intelligent device and a SIP
application of mine, acting like a SIP telephone.
The device can be IAX, PSTN, ISDN and so.
I can understand any DTMF sent by the device on my application using, in
my sip.conf file:

dtmfmode=info

and then interpreting  INFO messages coming from Asterisk.
But, when I try to send DTMF to my external device, I can't send it.
I've tried to send INFO to Asterisk, but nothing was done.
I've tried to send DTMF inband (I'm actually using alaw codec), but it
seems that Asterisk capture it and cancel it.
I've also added to my rtp.conf file:

inBandDTMF=yes

without any relevant result.

Any hints? Thankyou very much!