[Asterisk-Users] who has purchased a V400 card from Varion ?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 23 07:46:31 MST 2005

On March 23, 2005 08:05 am, Ernest Stokes wrote:
> We are a small shop that had one t100p card, when it came time to
> expand to a second card we found the price had been raised to $599
> from $499 for the single port.
>
> The 4 port cards from varion are $699 on special.
>
> I believe that I can get it working without any support from varion.

Perhaps so, but Varion's got a good deal going -- defer all support to the
lists.  :-)

> It would be irresponsible of me to buy a 1 port for the office at that
> price.  Plus I think 1 card instead of 2 would be a better solution in
> my server.  I support Digium any way I can ( t100p, plus 2 TDM
> cards/x100-non clone when I was first starting out last year) but $100
> buys me 3 more ports.

I am not bashing your choice, as it was a judgement call.  I was just curious
as to why you chose to contact the list first instead of the people you
bought the card from.

(I'm not withholding help or anything... you didn't give any information to
start, but secondary to that is the fact that I don't have any experience
with the Varion cards.  I was merely curious.)

-A.

PS - it is considered bad ettiquette to CC the author as well as the list, I
am already subscribed so I get two copies.  Others may disagree and prefer to
be CC'd as well but I believe that they're the minority and should include
the specific request in their .sig.