[Asterisk-Users] who has purchased a V400 card from Varion ?

Ernest Stokes petscii at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 06:05:41 MST 2005

>Does Varion not provide any support for their products?  I'm interested to
>know why you chose them over Digium...

Andrew,

We are a small shop that had one t100p card, when it came time to
expand to a second card we found the price had been raised to $599
from $499 for the single port.

The 4 port cards from varion are $699 on special.

I believe that I can get it working without any support from varion.

It would be irresponsible of me to buy a 1 port for the office at that
price.  Plus I think 1 card instead of 2 would be a better solution in
my server.  I support Digium any way I can ( t100p, plus 2 TDM
cards/x100-non clone when I was first starting out last year) but $100
buys me 3 more ports.

If I'm wrong I'll be return the card to varion and buying the new TE110p.

Ernest Stokes