[Asterisk-Users] ADIT 600 "Dynamic Impedance matching"

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 23 07:30:36 MST 2005

On March 23, 2005 08:25 am, Matt Schulte wrote:
> Has anyone ever heard of this so called Dynamic Impedance matching on
> the ADIT 600? I called their support and they've never heard of it. We

That's odd, I have always had excellent support from CAC.  And FWIW I've never
had echo problems with their channel banks.  Ever.  I have echocancel turned
off in the Zapata driver.

> The only clue to the dynamic impedance is that the 5g and ver8 of the
> FXS cards can "hardcode" the impedance according to country. Well that's
> fine and dandy but so can a Rhino CB-24 in the rating of milliamps..

You don't tune impedance in milliAmps.  That's a current measurement.  The
Rhino can probably alter the amount of current it can source and this is what
they're talking about.  Not having used Rhino's stuff, I can't say for
certain, but you simply don't alter impedance by changing mA.

(yes, IAAEE).

> Does anyone have suggestions regarding these issues? Please hold back
> the flaming comments. I'm not here to flame, but to resolve and very
> tiring issue. :-)

You can start by giving us a connection diagram between the Adit600 and
whatever you're hooked up to, including grade of cable, how long it is, what
it's terminating to (make and model) and whether you've tried replacing some
runs with other cable to test.

Invariably my Adit600 analogue runs are always under 50 feet since I'm
terminating to a PBX or KSU nearby.  These devices are able to terminate very
long (km) runs, so I am curious as to why you're having such issues.  Do you
have the gains on the Adit600 or Zapata turned way up?

-A.