[Asterisk-Users] Zap channels not hanging up...

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Wed Mar 23 01:17:39 MST 2005

Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      I have 2 Asterisk servers that communicate with IAX2 between them and
> support multiple SIP clients each.  Only one of them has Zap channels to the
> PSTN.  I've been having problems because the Zap channels do not hang up when
> a sip client of the external server makes a call to the PSTN.
>

> SIP --- Asterisk ---- IAX2 ---- Asterisk --- Zap
>
>      The local * server is using CVS-HEAD-03/08/05-16:08:10 and has 3 X100P
> cards.  The remote server is using Stable 1.0.6.  When I use a SIP phone on
> the local network the Zap channel hangs up properly, it only happens if the
> call comes from the remote server or it has happened a couple of times when I
> redirect my desk phone to my cell.

Have a look at Bug 3813 and see if it fits with your experience. I
suspect the echo cancellor and it would be interesting to see if the
X100P has the same problem.

I would encourage anyone who has been experiencing erratic or non -
functioning busydetect to check it also.

With the reliability I am now seeing with the latest FXO modules, I
finally think I now have a production quality hardware setup. The
inability to be able to fully adjust TX and RX gains on the FXO module
to balance line loss to the PSTN is the only showstopper to me
recommending the TDMXX solution for small setups.

Regards,

Richard