[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 and multiple simultaneous calls

Steve Philp sphilp at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 22:56:29 MST 2005

We've just started testing with Asterisk (CVS HEAD) and a pair of Cisco
7940G phones running the SIP 6.3 firmware.

One issue that we've run into is the ability to have multiple calls ring to
the phone.  Our scenario is that the user is using an extension and another
call comes in for that extension.  We'd like to have that second call ring
the second line -- the same extension is configured on both lines.
Currently, the second call is being sent to voicemail with the message that
the extension is busy.

Is it possible to configure Asterisk and the 7940 to carry out the process
we'd prefer?  Could someone share a dialplan that would do this?

Thanks,

--
Steve Philp