[Asterisk-Users] Help please for newb on Asterisk to Vonage

Tim Burt asterisk-list at timburt.com
Tue Mar 22 17:23:59 MST 2005

I made the Vonage mistake too.  Cost me a hundred bucks!

They will hit you with a Disconnect Fee, if you don't return their
equipment in the original box.

Sux, if you ask me.

Vonage does offer an attractive flat rate for 500 minutes.

You could, purchase a digium card, and plug the Vonage POTS line into the
digium card, just like you would a POTS line.  Kinda a workaround, but I
tried it and it works.

Or you can buy the softfone addon, and pay more per month to Vonage and
settle for SIP...

Or better yet, try:

http://connect.voicepulse.com

You get free incoming calls.  A low monthly rate, and a cheap per minute
rate for outgoing.

Best part of all, is you get trunking..  4 simultaneous calls in and out.
Which is what I think you said you were looking for.