[Asterisk-Users] Help please for newb on Asterisk to Vonage

Russell Handorf rhandorf at handorf.org
Tue Mar 22 13:52:31 MST 2005

I was only able to get the softphone account to make inbound calls on
one sip.conf config, or outbound calls on another sip.conf config. I
didnt investigate the issue completely, but from what I could tell, they
wouldnt allow multiple SIP sessions from the same IP address. I didnt
try running 2 asterisk instances (one for in and one for out) that would
talk to each other, however I would believe that Vonage does account
state/session checks.

Net2Phone now does authentication on 3 credentials; account number, pin,
and MAC address.