[Asterisk-Users] multiline, cordless, expandable phone system and asterisk message waiting

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Tue Mar 22 16:29:58 MST 2005

On 22 Mar 2005 at 16:29, Calvin Hendryx-Parker wrote:

> I have been using the Siemens Gigaset 8825 with a Cisco and Motorola
> ATA and it includes a VMWI on the base and cordless handset.  Works

So the VMWI works with both the built in a/m and telco voicemail? Hmm, cool.
Anyone else using one of the these with Asterisk and can verify whether the
VMWI works....

> like a charm so I would assume you could set it up to work with
> Asterisk.  I haven't checked out the newer Gigaset line, but they are
> nice phones.  2-lines with tons of features and 2.4Ghz.

Yeah, I thought of Siemens first, but there is no local availability in the
retail channel here in Vancouver, BC that I can find, and this comment on the
Siemens website doesn't inspire much confidence:

http://www.siemens.com/index.jsp?sdc_p=c31fi19lmn19o1133499pst4uz3&

    Siemens Canada has provided customers with quality Cordless phones for
    home and office communication for a number of years. These products
    now have limited availability in Canada, however, Siemens is committed
    to providing past customers with the product support material and
    Customer Care they need.

I did find it available via a webstore out of Ontario

http://telephone-depot.com/item827.htm

> The base isn't wall mountable, but you can't have everything  ;-)

Heh, I found a Uniden unit that is wall mountable and has everything I want
except the specs don't list a belt clip, other than that it looks pretty
sweet.

http://www.telus.com/cgi-ebs/jsp/viewitem.do?content=pc234498&Region=B
http://www.uniden.com/productpop/00_productpop.cfm?prd_code=TRU8866

I am going down to the local Telus store to pick one up today, still have the
AT&T E2562 in the office so I can compare the 2.

Next thing is to get a Sipura SPA-2000 to replace the SPA-1000 provided by
voip provider. Or might just get it for use with FWD and such.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting