[Asterisk-Users] TE405P and echo

McQuiggan, Mark xt46480 Mark_McQuiggan at adp.com
Tue Mar 22 14:38:05 MST 2005

I am using a SIP softphone (X-lite, SIPPS or Firefly) connected to an
Asterisk v 1.0.3 PBX.  The PBX is also connected via a ISDN-PRI crossover
cable to a Avaya Definity Generic 3 PBX via a TE405P card.  All outside of
the office calls go through the Definity.  Here's the issue:

Calls to internal SIP extensions, Definity extensions, other offices within
our private network (through the Definity), and cell phones are great.  When
I call outside of the office to POTS lines (like my home), there is a most
noticeable echo of my voice.  The party on the line hears no echo.  Any
efforts on the configuring the SIP softphones, and within zapata.conf, have
been for naught.

Is this problem common for ISDN-PRI connections?

_
attachments from your system.