[Asterisk-Users] Re: Help please for newb on Asterisk to Vonage

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Tue Mar 22 13:50:51 MST 2005

> You arent going to make this happen as you describe. Vonage is not a
> good
> service to use with Asterisk. To quote from the Wiki:
>
> Vonage service is locked to the ATA they send you. It is not possible
> connect Asterisk (or any other SIP UA) directly to your main Vonage
> service.
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20and%20Vonage
>
> If you want to use Asterisk, you will need a different provider.

While I don't use Vonage, I don't think this is true.  You can't use
the basic Vonage account to directly connect to Asterisk.  If you have
just the basic account you'd need their ATA device and an FXO port on
your asterisk machine.  If you have the softphone account, though, you
should be able to connect asterisk directly to your vonage account.  It
is described in a previous post here:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-June/052678.html

FYI to the original poster, you can search through the previous posts
to the list with a google search like this:

<search terms> site:lists.digium.com