[Asterisk-Users] Any 24 (or 30) way FXS PCI cards?

Pablo Alsina palsina at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:42:11 MST 2005

Nice dicussion. When replacing and old PBX system with an Asterisk,
customers always wants to avoid
a) replace all telephones with new software/hardware IP phones
b) do a new ethernet cabling, to replace existing 1 or 2-pair cabling

So far, the only working "drop in" solution I've seen is channel-bank
based, adding the "extra" cost of the E1 card to interconnect the
Asterisk with the Channel Bank.

So any experiences with these SIP gateways and the asterisk will be appreciated.

Regarding the PCI-based high density FXS gateways (my preffered if
possible), if I understand correctly, the only issue is power based
because of the ring generator. Wouldn't it be possible to draw current
from an external source instead of the PCI bus for that pourpose? Some
high end graphic cards are doing that.

Thanks.