[Asterisk-Users] X100P interrupt load

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Mar 22 12:12:10 MST 2005

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the "normal" number of
interrupts per second is for an X100P card?

I've used FreeBSD 5.3 and a linux 2.6.11 kernel
on the exact same hardware (only the disk changed)
and `systat -vmstat 1` on FreeBSD and
`procinfo -dS -n1` under Linux. For both, I'm
seeing roughly 1000 interrupts per second on my
X100p card. It was a bit worse under FreeBSD,
and I experienced frequent lockups, hangs, and
X100p malfunctions, so I switched to Linux. The
machine is usable under Linux, but I still think
that number of interrupts per second is a bit
high.

My motherboard is an Abit BE6, and it seems to
have some IRQ assignment problems, so I'm
wondering what my baseline should be.

Also, I have a dual CPU PII motherboard with two
X100P cards in it, and it's hitting about 1000
interrupts per second per card too. Is this normal?
How many interrupts per second can a given CPU
sustain?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator