[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 8, Issue 150

Daniel Burget dburget at browz.com
Tue Mar 22 11:48:22 MST 2005

Thanks Eric, the hold music is back, and cheesy as ever!

This list is a live saver.

Dan

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:16:59 -0600
From: Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org>
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Redhat 9 Music on hold
	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

Jason Becker wrote:

> Daniel Burget wrote:
>
>> I have read every thread, I have Redhat 9, Asterisk 1.0.6, 2 T1 lines
>> connected via TE405P. Everything works great, except MOH. I added an
>> exten with MusicOnHold(30), and it plays just fine. Conferences have
>> music when no one is in. I have SIP phones. When I place a call on
hold,
>> the CLI give no indication the call is on hold. I have set
>> musiconhold(default) everywhere, removed it from everywhere, nothing
>> seems to help. I am using 59r of MPG123, and do not have MPG321
>> installed.
>> I did a 'make mpg123' from asterisk, make no difference.
>

> I believe it is a bug:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.pbx.asterisk.user/85000
>
> although I don't know if a bug was ever filed. I had a cursory look at

> the time we were bitten by this but couldn't find one. Pulling a newer

> CVS Stable and rebuilding resolved the issue.

And if you are on the asterisk-cvs mailing list, you would have seen a
fix being added yesterday.  See: http://www.lists.digium.com/

--Eric

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain