[Asterisk-Users] "Success" report with TDM400 and Via EPIA-MII motherboard

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Tue Mar 22 12:55:00 MST 2005

Hello!

In spite of a number of complaints, I have tried to use a TDM400 on a Via
EPIA-MII motherboard with a 1.2GHz C3 CPU.  cpuinfo and interrupts are
included at the end of this e-mail.  I have had no problems with it so far
that I can attribute to the computer.  I have, though, had continual
problems with a certain telephone...

Anyway, this module currently has 3 x FXS modules and 1 x FXO.  I have not
tested the FXO functionality yet (beyond cursory I-can-ring-out and
I-can-receive testing).  I have spent several hours calling back and forth
between the FXS modules, though, and so far I have had no motherboard
related issues.

Any specific areas I should test?  I know some have complained of poor
audio quality and other such issues.  I have not seen this.  Any details
on when you see the problems?  And if they're related to  the Ouch or
Power alarm errors, I too get those.  I'm starting another thread for
those.

One odd thing about the cpuinfo below.  It reports the system as being a
533MHz system, when it's a 1.2GHz system (133 x 9).  Even the BogoMIPS
reflect the slower speed.  I have no idea why yet...

Tim Massey

[root at copper proc]# cat cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 9
model name      : VIA Nehemiah
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 533.440
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge cmov pat mmx fxsr
sse rng rng_en ace ace_en
bogomips        : 1052.21

[root at copper proc]# cat interrupts
           CPU0
  0:   51670125          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        256          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:      22232          XT-PIC  yenta, eth0
  7:   51573795          XT-PIC  yenta, wctdm
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
 12:         58          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:      12064          XT-PIC  ide0