[Asterisk-Users] Reproducible echo on IAX calls to -some- destinations.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Mar 22 10:49:06 MST 2005

I'm very, very confused.  Dialing out, through VoicePulse, with both gsm
and ulaw CODECs, most of my calls are great.  However, calling my
(non-Asterisk) voicemail at my job, and calling my cell phone both
produce horrendous (~ 1/3-second delay) echo.  I've tried with different
phones (Polycom and Grandstream), different IAX CODECs (as described,
above), different network connections... but those two destinations are
always horrible, and all my other victim..., errr, test numbers work
just fine, all the time.

Any idea where to even start troubleshooting?

Thanks,

-Ken