[Asterisk-Users] Setting MWI on legacy PBX

Henry Devito hdevito at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 22 09:14:25 MST 2005

There was a bounty a while back to set up SMDI on *.    This would be ideal
if you had a serial interface on your PBX.  By the #63 and #64 code it looks
like you are talking about a Toshiba PBX.  At one time I actually wrote a
cron script that would check to see if there were messages in folders and if
there were it would generate a .call file that would dial the #63+ext.  If
there were no messages it would dial a #64.  I dedicated 1 port to do this
for approximately 40 phones.

Henry