[Asterisk-Users] Re: bottlenecks

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 05:57:57 MST 2005

CPU, RAM, Network

CPU - Translating signals of CODECS can use the CPU.
example: analog->TDM->GSM would take CPU usage and after many users (20+)
it would degrade on a 800mhz CPU

RAM - A minimum of ram should be used. I would suggest 256mb. After
the minimum everything else is just bonus.

Network - With poor CODECS you would need over 150kb per second with
IP headers (Example of a high end usage.) so 100 callers using this
same CODEC would  cause some trouble on a 10/100 mb network switch.

hope this helps a little.