[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk-addons/OS X woes

Rob Gillan rob_gillan at optusnet.com.au
Tue Mar 22 03:59:54 MST 2005

Hi,

Know there has been numerous posts on the subject of asterisk-addons
and OS X.  We have other uses for MySQL on the machine so changing over
to Postgres at this point (which apparently works for CDRs) is not
really an option.  Have also contemplated a cron job to simply poll the
csv cdrs and insert them into MySQL.  Messy but gets over the short
term problem.

Compilation problem does not appear to be mysql related, as make
install fails on format_mp3.so.  The linking is trying to include
dct64_i386.o which could be the problem, but I'm not sure.  Anyone with
any ideas would be much appreciated.  Dump from make clean; make
install:

apsvr1:/usr/local/asterisk-addons-1.0.4 root# make install
./mkdep -fPIC -I../asterisk -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/usr/include/mysql   `ls
*.c`
cdr_addon_mysql.c:24:22: asterisk.h: No such file or directory
make -C format_mp3 all
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6    -c -o
common.o common.c
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6    -c -o
dct64_i386.o dct64_i386.c
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6    -c -o
decode_ntom.o decode_ntom.c
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6    -c -o
layer3.o layer3.c
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6    -c -o
tabinit.o tabinit.c
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6    -c -o
interface.o interface.c
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6    -c -o
format_mp3.o format_mp3.c
gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6  -shared
-Xlinker -x -o format_mp3.so common.o dct64_i386.o decode_ntom.o
layer3.o tabinit.o interface.o format_mp3.o
gcc: unrecognized option `-shared'
ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
_ast_log
_ast_format_register
_ast_format_unregister
_ast_update_use_count
make[1]: *** [format_mp3.so] Error 1
make: *** [format_mp3/format_mp3.so] Error 2

Cheers
Rob

Rob Gillan
Director