[Asterisk-Users] Soekris net4801 and analog interface?

John Breeden jbreeden at plumhall.com
Mon Mar 21 11:27:09 MST 2005

Make sure you are feeding your 4801 enough "juice" to support the pci
card, I'm currently feeding 15v @ 1A.

I got the x100p directly from Digium a few years ago, at the time it was
a component of Digium's "developer" package.

lspci identifies the card as a "Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX
Modem/ISDN interface ". From what I understand, digium sold (and what I
have) is a stock Tiger modem. I know a couple of years ago you could
pickup the Tiger modem for $10-12 (thus the quip about the "digium modem
donation").

I think digium stopped selling the x100p after the fxo module came out
for the tdm400p.

But then the tdm400p is also a 3.3v card and can support a mix of 4
fxo/fxs modules.

Just for yucks I plugged a tdm400p with an fxs module into my 4801 and
the tdm400p driver loaded just fine:

lsmod from 4801 w/ tdm400p (CVS HEAD):
Module                  Size  Used by
ohci_hcd               16648  0
wctdm                  34496  0                 <---tdm400p
zaptel                220292  1 wctdm
crc_ccitt               1920  1 zaptel
natsemi                23904  0

With the tdm400p, you'll need to wire up a 12v feed to the connector on
the back of the card and you'll also need a wider box :-) Pretty cool
though, a 4801 with a mix of 4 fxo/fxs ports.

Someone somewhere also makes a pci header card that has the silicon on
board to support two pci cards on a 4801, might be interesting. Let's
see now, mix 'o 4 fxs/fxo ports and a Sogoma w/ 2 T1/FR ports.

Now, if someone could fix the dang'd linux driver for soekris's vpn1411
hardware encryption card, you could do codec compression without taxing
the geode processor. (hint, hint). Russ Nelson isn't busy right

Ah yes, I'ts currently only a dream:........
Soekris with 2 T1s, 4 fxo/fxs ports and gsm running to 20 cisco
eye-candy phones  All from this itty-bitty boxen -)

----
John Breeden
Hawaii