[Asterisk-Users] Choosing an ISP for Asterisk

Mon Mar 21 02:17:01 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 12:36 +0400, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> >However, I don't know the specific requirements for the T1 line or how to split the data and voice.
> >
> The point of VoIP is to consolidate data and voice onto one network.
> Combining both allows for economies of scale:
[SNIP]
> Say, 2 Megs symetrical, contention ratio 1:1. This is to be used for
> voice and for internet. Then you just need 1 PSTN line for 911 emergencies.

Ummm, in an office of x people, where x is some arbitrary integer > 1,
is 1 PSTN line for emergency services sufficient ?? Personally, I would
think it isn't, but haven't quite determined what number is sufficient.

Consider, an office of 50 people, and a small fire breaks out, how many
people will call the emergency number?

Substitute a small fire for any other emergency, but I suspect that most
emergencies would generate multiple reports. Perhaps someone has some
data on this?

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev