[Asterisk-Users] Any 24 (or 30) way FXS PCI cards?

Shane Young asterisk at ShaneYoung.com
Sun Mar 20 12:57:32 MST 2005

Quoting Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com>:

> [...]

The InterTel Axxess had a good solution to this.  Each station card had it's own ringing generator
which produced ringing voltage at about 70 volts.  It worked for most things but we had problems
with a few modems and double-gong ringers.  If you needed more, you would move a jumper on the
card which would disable the internal generator.  Then, you would provide 90/20 on the 25th pair
of the AMP connector.

In my mind, I imagine something very similar.  It would look like an old SCSI card from the back
of the PC with the big 25 pair connector.  Pairs 1-24 would be the station lines and pair 25 would
be for the external ring generator.

--Shane