[Asterisk-Users] X100P problem - no responce

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Sun Mar 20 09:23:10 MST 2005

mpthimios at in.gr wrote:

>Hello,
>     I have recently bought a X100P card. I installed asterisk succesfuly.
>When I plug my operator's line in the "line" jack of the card the result
>is that my line is not working any more. When I put it back to the phone, everything OK.
>It seems that the card leaves the line open!
>The same happens when I plug a telephone device in the "phone" jack. Furthermore, the phone
>does not work in this case.
>I use Suse linux 8.2 and a gigabyte motherboard.
>Do you think that there may be a voltage problem in the pci slots?
>Is my card damaged or I am doing something wrong?
>I have also tried to connect the operator's line and the spare telephone device while
>the card was not on the motherboard, but the results are the same.
>
>Please respond if you have any clue.
>This is my first attempt with asterisk.
>The card is used in Greece...
>Thanks in advance, Thimios.

Not sure what you have done here.  But let me explain a bit here.  The
X100P card is a modem card that someone wrote Asterisk drivers for.
Other than the drivers were for a specific chip, nothing special about
the card.  If you plug in your dialtone into the line port on the card
and put a telephone in the phone port and don't get dial tone, you
probably have a bad card.

Unless there is something special about the phone standards in Greece
that I don't know about and dialtone is not on the middle two wires of
your cord.

Lyle