[Asterisk-Users] I cannot use G711 (ulaw|alaw)

Dan danto at rdslink.ro
Sun Mar 20 04:07:06 MST 2005

Hi,

> Solved, thanks
>
> Dan, I'm just performing same tuning testing for echo.
> Using Diax I can hear echo in my mobile. It happens for any codec that I
> use (G711, GSM, iLbc, speex). Using Firefly with GSM or alaw, echo is very
> reduced. (I can hear just a bit of echo). Can you suggest same adjustment
> for Diax. I really would'nt use Firefly....

You have some things to check:
- use just the microphone as rec device in the soundcard audio mixer
(unselect wave device)
- use just the wave device as playback device in the soundcard audio mixer
(uunselect mic)
- try to disable in DIAX audio configuration the AGC. It is very strong and
in
some situations (not a very good isolation in the headset) can give you a
persistent  echo
at the  other end.

Pls send me your feedback after that.

Best regards,