[Asterisk-Users] create distinctive ring on FXS

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 19:57:19 MST 2005

> The nice thing about the spa3k is that you _can_ independently handle
> incoming fxo calls from a pstn line and calls to the fxs port. It's
> not all that easy to program however.
Agreed. The FXO and FXS can be used independently and it does work
very well (with re-invite if the call is passed through between the
two local interfaces so traffic does not have to go to the server and
back). Getting it to work is the challenge, but once configured
properly it works flawlessly. Note that the SPA 3000 cannot determine
a distinctive ring pattern on the incoming FXO port (but that's now
what David is asking about).

> In my case, all house phones are attached to the fxs port. Therefore,
> one could have about five different distinctive rings.
> I'd be fairly certain the spa2000 (etc) has that same capabiity as well.
On the 1000, 2000 and 3000 Sipuras (others like the 1001 and 2100
probably too) you can specify the actual ring sequence (ring and pause
times). Up to 8 rings can be programmed, with names Bellcore-1 through
-8.

As far as I know, the Grandstreams (286 and 486) cannot generate
distinctive ring patters. At least I could never get it to work...

--Luki