[Asterisk-Users] create distinctive ring on FXS

David Sfiligoi webmaster at world-vr.com
Sat Mar 19 16:56:41 MST 2005

Hi,

I use Asterisk at home to filter the annoying people before they get a real voice. So basically if you don't know the extension of one of the occupants you have no choice but leave a message.  Works well... perhaps I miss some improtant calls, but if you leave no message it must not be important!

Anyhow, I would like to be able to make the phone ring distinctively depending on who the call is suppose to go too(wife, teenagers, myself). I was thinking of buying a single Iaxy to do this but I cannot see from the specs if I could do this.  If I cannot  does any of you have an idea on how to achieve this goal without spending a lot of money(such has 4 Iaxy modules + 3 new phones).

Another way I thought of doing this is by making the user dial a specific internal extention to bridge the person on hold on the FXO side to the internal user?

Thanks

David