[Asterisk-Users] Any Zaurus users??

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sat Mar 19 14:31:49 MST 2005

Kris Edwards wrote:
> Just wondering if there are any Zaurus owners out there using there
> zaurus as a voip phone??  I'm trying to decide which on to buy.  The
> sl-6000 is perfect for phone use from what I've read, but it's not very
> pocket friendly (http://www.sharpusa.com/images/hpc_SL6000_pic1.jpg)
>
> The clamshell models
> (http://conics.net/shp/pda/zaurus-sl-c700/sl-c3000.html)
> are much nicer but would require some type of headset.
>
> Anyway, more to the point... I've read that there are zaurus users who
> have their pda setup to use nfs mount when they're in range of their
> home network (saves your flash if you're not using your microdrive)... I
> was thinking you could have it make changes to * as well.. e.g.,
> unforward the calls that are going to a cell and login the zaurus  w
> whatever client you happen to be using (using openzaurus, you should be
> able to get most clients working without a problem.. sans gnomemeeting
> perhaps)
>
> Like I said, I was just wondering if anybody else is already using their
> Zaurus and asterisk together.

	Success with PDA's as phones has never seemed possible.  Power is one
issue.  Most people have reported getting pocket pc sip phones to work
(with 802.11), but they have ridiculous short talk times, I want to say
that I have never heard of anyone getting more than an hour out of any
device/battery combination.

	With the Zaurus SL-5500 (the only PDA I have) I got stuck on the pinout
of the headphone/mic jack and put it on the backburner...

--
Kristian Kielhofner