[Asterisk-Users] Any Zaurus users??

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:32:51 MST 2005

Just wondering if there are any Zaurus owners out there using there
zaurus as a voip phone??  I'm trying to decide which on to buy.  The
sl-6000 is perfect for phone use from what I've read, but it's not very
pocket friendly (http://www.sharpusa.com/images/hpc_SL6000_pic1.jpg)

The clamshell models
(http://conics.net/shp/pda/zaurus-sl-c700/sl-c3000.html)
are much nicer but would require some type of headset.

Anyway, more to the point... I've read that there are zaurus users who
have their pda setup to use nfs mount when they're in range of their
home network (saves your flash if you're not using your microdrive)... I
was thinking you could have it make changes to * as well.. e.g.,
unforward the calls that are going to a cell and login the zaurus  w
whatever client you happen to be using (using openzaurus, you should be
able to get most clients working without a problem.. sans gnomemeeting
perhaps)

Like I said, I was just wondering if anybody else is already using their
Zaurus and asterisk together.