[Asterisk-Users] Polycom vs. Cisco IP Phones

Ben Ruset ben.ruset at verizon.net
Fri Mar 18 06:27:17 MST 2005

> 2. Doesn't handle multiple lines nicely, will not jump to the next
> line, even if the same SIP registration is used, and you can't disable
> Call waiting.

You can most certainly turn off call waiting. That's handled in
Asterisk. We use AMP, and our configs allow us *70 to turn CW on, and
*71 to turn it off.

> 3. They don't realy support their phones, unless there is a hardware problem.

They don't support them with Asterisk, but if you don't tell them about
it, they tend to be very good at working to resolve issues.

We have a fleet of IP600s that are doing well. The configs take a little
bit to wrap your head around, and there are just so many features that
you can enable or disable that it's a lot of work to tweak them to
exactly what you may like.

We're considering having our in-house programmer write some sort of PHP
app for a web-based config .xml generator.