[Asterisk-Users] PRI Cause Code Help

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Mar 17 16:00:17 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Trevor Peirce wrote:

> Trevor Peirce wrote:
>
> > Anyhow, they are seeing the RELEASE COMPLETE message with cause code
> > 1, however the tech told me they expect a PROGRESS indicator with a
> > value between 1 and 10.
>
> Okay after printing off a dozen pages and taking up tons of floor space
> I think I may have figured this out... but this being my first day in
> PRI-language I'd appreciate some feed back if I'm on the right track.
>
> First, I am seeing
>
> < SETUP
>  > CALL PROCEEDING
> < FACILITY (w/ CID Name)
>  > RELEASE COMPLETE (Cause: 1)
>
>  From what I understand from Q.931's figure A.2, is that the CALL
> PROCEEDING should *not* be sent to do this... and if it is we've got to
> addto the dialog slightly

Call proceeding is allowed even if the number will later turn out to be
unallocated, I think.

RELEASE COMPLETE is valid in a few specified circumstances enumerated in
5.3.2 in q.931. These are situations where the indicated B-channel is
unavailable or unacceptable.

Normal causes such as busy, no such number or congestion (apart from a
shortage of B-channels on the link) should follow the general call
rejection pattern with a DISCONNECT described in 5.3.3.

Futhermore the SDL diagrams in Figure A.2(b) and A.2(d) indicate that
RELEASE COMPLETE is only allowed as a response to SETUP and that later
clearing is done through DISCONNECT. I.e. clearing after a CALL PROCEEDING
should be done with DISCONNECT.

> < SETUP
>  > CALL PROCEEDING
> < FACILITY (w/ CID Name)
>  > DISCONNECT (Cause: 1)
> < RELEASE
>  > RELEASE COMPLETE (Cause: 1)
>
> Someone please let me know if I'm talking nonsense or if I am going
> somewhere with this...

Have a look at q931_hangup() in q931.c. Small modifications should fix
your problem.

Peter