[Asterisk-Users] Do you need to recompile the Linux 2.6 kernelfor zaptel modules?

Paul Hewlett hewlett at netactive.co.za
Thu Mar 17 01:55:24 MST 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 06:13, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> [...]

Hi Guys

 I am new to this list but a similar problem came up at the asterisk training
course I attended last week. When the linux kernel sources are freshly
installed, the symbolic links for the kernel header files are not properly
set up. All you have to do is type:

         make prepare

in /usr/src/linux to set this all up. You do not have to compile the kernel or
anything else. I do not know whether this works for the 2.4 kernel but it
does work on Fedora 2 and SuSe 9.1 and later.

Paul H

--
Paul Hewlett (Linux #359543)  Email:`echo az.oc.evitcaten at ttelweh | rev`
Tel: +27 21 852 8812      Cel: +27 72 719 2725      Fax: +27 86 672 0563