[Asterisk-Users] How to register two SIP phones ( e.g. WindowsMessenger) from different subnet to *

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Wed Mar 16 23:04:17 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mohammed
Firdosh Nasim
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:08 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] How to register two SIP phones ( e.g.

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 07:42, Luki wrote:
> Firdosh,
>
> there were couple typos on my last email, but that's essentially what
> I said. There are two ways of doing it -- but neither will work given
> you current setup.
>
> 1) Phone A talks directly to B.
> 2) Both Phone A and B talk to a common point C. Point C proxies
> traffic between A and B, because A and B cannot see each other
> directly.
>
> You you can't have both clients on the same subnet, then you need a
> third subnet C that is reachable from both A and B. Asterisk runs in
> subnet C and proxies the traffic between A and B.
>
> --Luki

Hi All,

I have a dedicated * server at 172.16.200.150 and my two windows
messenger clients are at 172.16.25.X & 172.16.15.X. Now the server is
visible to both the subnets.Both the users/clients[say msn1 & msn2] are
configured. Then call is made from one user to another. After the callee
receives/accepts the call, neither of users able to hear anything. Sip
debug shows 200 OK for the call.Do I have to "register=>" the users, if
yes kindly mail the register string.

Here are the sip.conf and extensions.conf

sip.conf
---------
[msn1]
type=friend