[Asterisk-Users] Realtime ODBC with cdr_odbc using the same database

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Mar 16 15:19:15 MST 2005

I'm currently running a setup that's worked great with MySQL in the
past, but we're migrating to ODBC for when we actually integrate the
system into our current legacy/voip network.  The database I'm trying to
use is PostgreSQL, and I've got it working great for Realtime, and if I
use cdr_pgsql for the cdr records.  However, if I try to use cdr_odbc
against the same database as res_odbc, asterisk starts up and works, but
looking at the debugging from unixODBC, I'm getting a "you're already
connected" error basically.  If I put two different dsn's in to connect
to one database (i.e. [cdr-asterisk] for the cdr stuff, and [asterisk]
for realtime) asterisk fails at loading the cdr_odbc driver.  unixODBC
doesn't throw any errors in its logs for that.  Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Aaron Daniel
SHSU Computer Services
amdtech at shsu.edu