[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk E911?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Wed Mar 16 14:02:03 MST 2005

kpfleming at starnetworks.us (Kevin P. Fleming) writes:
> Well, incoming call handling on SPA-3000 kind of sucks at the
> moment... but I don't see how it could be configured to ring a bunch
> of phones anyway. At best it can deliver the call to a single
> gateway/proxy, and even it really wants to answer the line first and
> present a second dial tone to the caller before doing so. If the call
> is just going to go into an Asterisk server for routing to "ring all
> the phones", then IMO it'd just be easier to skip the SPA-3000
> completely.

It isn't hard to make an incoming POTS call to the spa-3k ring all the
phones.

1) set up an extension that rings all the phones.

    exten => 6666,1,Dial(sip/6001&sip/6002&sip/6003&sip/6004&..sip/N)

Have the spa3k use an "S0" dialplan:

    PSTN Line:
    Dial Plan 8:            (S0 <:6666> )
    PSTN Caller Default DP: 8

Too bad the spa3k software lacks a way to save a dialplan or to diff
it against factory defaults.  It makes it kind of hard to post a
definitive recipe.

-wolfgang