[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk E911?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Mar 16 13:50:09 MST 2005

> > Agreed 100%. Think about how one might config a spa3k to accomplish
> > everything noted, plus some. :)
>
> Well, incoming call handling on SPA-3000 kind of sucks at the moment...
> but I don't see how it could be configured to ring a bunch of phones
> anyway. At best it can deliver the call to a single gateway/proxy, and
> even it really wants to answer the line first and present a second dial
> tone to the caller before doing so. If the call is just going to go into
> an Asterisk server for routing to "ring all the phones", then IMO it'd
> just be easier to skip the SPA-3000 completely.

We're sort of getting off topic here, but the spa can be configured
to handle incoming fax calls (dropping them to its fxs port), can be
bridged on the pstn side with a Red phone, and can forward non-fax
calls to * for executing whatever one wants via the dialplan, etc.
I'm just amazed at the stuff that little box can actually do, but
finding the appropriate combo of parameters is a bitch. ;)

I'm still 100% in agreement with you to cover the due diligence for
the 'what ifs', however that is accomplished for each * site.

Rich