[Asterisk-Users] IAX Registration being lost

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Mar 16 13:09:50 MST 2005

As stated by John N., The Wiki can be pretty incomplete but it is a
great place to start.

In iax.conf.  The bind parameter.  However, this is only relevent if the
IP on the * box is changing.  Since it is not, you should be fineas long
as it matches your static IP or is 0.0.0.0.

> I don't think this is the issue.  I can certainly still ping out from
the asterisk box and once I delete the
> connection, reboot and recreate the connection I'm fine.  I reboot by
itself doesn't do the trick.

Do you lose your network settings altogether on every reboot?  If so
configure your NIC settings to be permanent.

What distro of Linux and version of Asterisk are you running?

Thanks,
Wiley