[Asterisk-Users] Call Center software opensource or commercia l

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Mar 16 10:19:46 MST 2005

Hello,

We tried a Dual Processor AMD system last year and were greatly
dissapointed. A single P4 system was much cheaper and actually outperformed
the Dual AMD.

Is anyone actually running an octal AMD system out there?

In our experience having more processors doesn't really matter on the x86
platform because of the limitations of the motherboard bus.

I would love to see real benchmarks for PowerPC/Apple hardware as well as
other Asterisk-capable hardware platforms. And seeing the cost of those
systems would be very helpful as well(to get a price per line ratio on each
system).

MATT---