[Asterisk-Users] Call Center software opensource or commercial

Nir Simionovich nirs at dimitel.com
Wed Mar 16 04:06:52 MST 2005

Well,

  It all depends what you want to do. We've already implemented a system
that can handle roughly 1000 channels of SIP using Asterisk. Of course we
used an Intel Cluster to reach that number, but the possibility exists.

  It's all a question of design. I admit that using Asterisk would require
some development efforts on the Call Centre's side, but the solution will be
much more robust than any available solution on the market.

  One of our clients is actually thinking of dropping their brand new AVAYA
CTI system, and switch to asterisk.

Nir S