[Asterisk-Users] VoipJet Terms of Service

Michael Puchol mpuchol at sonar-security.com
Wed Mar 16 01:12:47 MST 2005

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> But then again come to them with a few million monthly minutes under
> your belt and I'm sure they'll change the TOS for you...

Maybe not, as the ToS also state:

"The customer agrees to purchase VoipJet termination in small amounts"

What does this mean? We have to start with 5-minute calls max, then
slowly increase absolute timeout? How small is small?

How about this one:

"VOIPJET DOES NOT SUGGEST, AND VEHEMENTLY DENIES, ANY CLAIM THAT ITS
VOIP SERVICES HAVE A LEVEL OF QUALITY OR RELIABILITY ANYWHERE NEAR THAT
OF THE REGULAR PHONE SYSTEM"

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is like saying "our system sucks and we know
it". How can they seriously expect anyone that reads this ToS to want to
sign up with them? It would have been simpler to simply state the usual
"we cannot guarantee 100% reliability or availability of our service,
which depends on third parties over which we have no control" or
something along these lines.

Nice laugh, best regards,

Mike