[Asterisk-Users] Re: Voicemail SMS Alert - Possible?

Adam Holt adamholt at mac.com
Tue Mar 15 16:31:20 MST 2005

Dean,

Appreciate the feedback on the Oz situation.

To be honest maintaining accurate reach list descriptions is pretty hard,
although we're trying to do the best job.

Essentially most of the input to the termination list comes from our Tier 1
interconnects where we get a full dump of their supported endpoints.
Unfortunately those are often difficult to interpret as the paired network
name is often not reflective of the brand under which that operator is known
in the market: the example of "3" being "Hutchison Whampoa Telecom 3G
Services" for instance, but not by far the most cryptic example across our
footprint.

The example you gave of "One.Tel" is actually still coming through from the
upstream network.  This might be though because the MSISDN range of One.Tel
has been preserved, although now moved under the administration of another
(still live) Oz network operator.

We therefore do our best to interpret the data we get and present that as
accurately as possible.  Clearly we don't have folk sitting out in all 165
countries on our supported termination list so we do the best value-add
research we can, but then of course its incredibly helpful for us to hear
from real users (like yourself) based in those locations and reflect that
input into the reach-list.

Regarding 3 and Virgin.  '3' we had some problems with during the Beta - I'm
not sure about the situation with Virgin.  What I would say is please feel
free to sign-up, and use the free credits to test these networks, and we
would really appreciate the feedback, good or bad, on or off list (!) to
help us perfect this thing.

Cheers...

Adam.

--
Adam Holt
Bayham Systems Ltd

Web:    http://www.bayhamsystems.com/
Email:    adam.holt at bayhamsystems.co.uk
Address:  No. 1 Farnham Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 4RG, United Kingdom

*** NEWS: Bayham Systems delivers first ever Global SMS Auction for UNICEF /
GSM-Association.  See how this raised over EUR90,000 at: http://www.gsm.org/