[Asterisk-Users] OT: Best DB

Steve Wolfe swolfe at wolfeservices.net
Tue Mar 15 15:47:49 MST 2005

Comment:
"Best" sometimes gets fuzzy.

MySQL's "mind-share" is frightening.

Because of the mind-share/marketing I see MySQL being deployed where
perhaps PostgreSQL should be  and Oracle is considered too expensive.
(avoiding  MS SQL server. :) )

Also probably due to the 'mind-share' documenation is more accessable
for MySQL instead of PostgreSQL.  I find this sad, but it has not really
changed much over the years.   Indeed, it might be getting worse.

And, I have found it easier to compile PostgreSQL than MySQL .. but
easier to find performance tweeks for MySQL.  In the scheme of things,
the performance tweeks are probably more imporant.

=Steve