[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk retains DTMF Control Even when an External IVR System is dialed

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Mar 15 11:41:30 MST 2005

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) wrote:

> I am using Asterisk 1.06 Stable.
>
> When I dial my Mobile Number to check Voice Mail or my Bank Account
> Phone Access Number, the IVR System on the other end asks me to enter
> *2378 to transfer to an attendant.
>
> But When I press *2378, Asterisk tells me that it cannot transfer the
> calls and gives an error on CLI saying Extension '' does not exist in
> the dial plan.
>
> What is the trick to make Asterisk pass DTMF control to external IVR
> systems using the dial plan, so that Asterisk will no more have control
> on the DTMF but the called systems does.?

The trick is not to use options you don't understand.  "show
application dial" will show you what the t and T options are for.
Most people use the transfer feature of their phone, rather than using
the T/t hack on the Dial line.

Sounds like you are using CVS-HEAD and so will have to configure stuff
in /etc/asterisk/features.conf.

--Eric

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain