[Asterisk-Users] Open ports?

Jacob Cazzell jcazzell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:29:06 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have a quick question I hoping someone can help me with.  I have
Asterisk at Home running and working just fine.  I've integrated it with
BroadVoice and so far I'm blown away by everything I can do.

I don't particularly like sitting my entire machine in the DMZ on my
network sitting open, but when I do I can run XTen on my PC at work
and make/take calls with no problems.

So I locked down everything by UDP port 5060.  When I do this, I can
register my softphone at work and I can dial out or receive calls, but
no audio is passed.  So I'm guessing that port 5060 is only a
signaling port and data is being passed elsewhere.  My question is,
where?  What other port(s) do I need to open on my firewall to make
things work fully outside of my network?

Thanks in advance!
Jacob