[Asterisk-Users] Kernel 2.4 or 2.6 for the latest asterisk ??

Ariel Batista arielb27 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:59:47 MST 2005

This question really has no one reply.  The different Linux builds all have
there reasons.  If your used to Fedora Core 1 then that is what you should
use. I use CentOS which is a clone of RHEL 3.  They have just released there
Version 4 which is based on RHEL 4.  It works and since I am used to the way
RH does there settings I like it.  But it's really up to you. Fedora is good
and works. I just don't use it do to it's mainly for RH to develop there
newer system from it.

But I know that many use without problem Debian, Fedora, Slackware, Gentoo
and many more. There is even a group that is working with FreeBSD.