[Asterisk-Users] asterisk outbound to SIP provider problems

w fm3 wfm3 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:04:28 MST 2005

>I'm having the same problem over here, but with both, inbound/outbound
>calls, I use a SER server >auth my users, and when I need to use a VoIP
>line that is not at my server, I use Asterisk to auth >line outside my
>server at my Foreign Voip server then when I get the line I can dial, but
>none of >them, incoming/outgoing, calls are working fine. How did you
>configure your incoming call

I don't use SER but as far as inbound Provider->asterisk it 'just worked out
of the box' without any problems for me. Making sure that

- authentication parameters are correct with sip.conf,
- you are registering with them fine
- registration line has a  /internalextension after it so it knows where to
put the inbound call
- corresponding entry in extensions.conf relating to the above - internal
extension above dialing a physical phone / group or whatever.
- asterisk ports are open / accessible from your provider
- codecs are compatible

also

- if you are making config changes to try and get things to work u r  better
to stop and restart asterisk rather than 'sip reload'
- try both cvs and an older version, sometimes things break
- if you have multiple cards in the machine use nat=yes for the outbound
provider to force asterisk to use the correct IP address in the sip
messages.
- I would use asterisk for a test setup and once that is working  add SER to
the equation.
- try a few different providers to make sure any problems are not provider
specific.

NOTE these are notes from someone who CAN'T get SIP outbound calls to be
placed correctly so take it with a bag of salt.... lol ... Good luck.

Walt