[OT] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Skype - Bandwidth

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 15 07:28:26 MST 2005

>Actually, not a perfect example:
>
>In this case there was exactly one poster who answered on-list to the
>original post. The answer was "wrong list". The original poster insisted
>then on re-asking the question, and then the flames really started.

Which is why I think the way of doing it is prefixing the subject with
[OT] to:

- Show that you think it's off-topic,
- Allow for easy filtering of off topic messages
- If you feel like it, you can even answer the question!

 From support.skype.com:

How much bandwidth does Skype use while I'm in a call?

Skype automatically selects the best codec depending on the connection
between yourself and the person you are calling. On average, Skype uses
between 3-16 kilobytes/sec depending on bandwidth available for other
party, network conditions in between, callers CPU performance, etc.