[Asterisk-Users] Skype - Bandwidth

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Mar 15 03:51:56 MST 2005

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 05:03:27PM -0600, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 16:46 -0600, Jay Milk wrote:

> > Here's a perfect example of a mis-post that was blown out of proportion.
> > When I first saw Cesar's post, I responded off-list to the effect that
> > this would be the wrong forum to ask this question.  If others had done
> > the same -- responded off-list -- or simply ignored that message, that
> > would have been the end of the thread.  Instead, 16 more messages
> > clogged the list.

Actually, not a perfect example:

In this case there was exactly one poster who answered on-list to the
original post. The answer was "wrong list". The original poster insisted
then on re-asking the question, and then the flames really started.

[ snip about reducing list traffic ]

> > If you don't agree, please ignore this message or respond off-list.  If
> > you do agree, great.

[snip]

> If the occasional user doesn't get reminded publicly that what they did
> was wrong, you would have more people assuming it is okay to do the same
> thing.

As the original poster insisted in this case.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's