[Asterisk-Users] SIP & H323 gateway

iMRAN ronny.net at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:18:38 MST 2005

Hi pros,

Newbie to asterisk, need some help.

My existing senerio is we have 6 analog quintums and 1 digital H323,
and our gatekeeper is gnugk openh323 located in US.

Our business is Call Center and our method of dial is using prefix and
gateway IP provided my Carrier.

I also brought two AudioCodes MP108 8 FXS gateways, as our gateway
runs on h323 my friend suggested to go for Asterisk.

If I'm not mistaken Asterisk can entertain both H323 and SIP so I need
to configure Asterisk as SIP and H323 gatekeeper to take calls and
route to our International Carrier,
I installed Asterisk on Fedora core 3, installation was successful but
when I start asterisk with –vvvc after 5-10 mins the box freezes,
don`t know why, and it only happens whn I start asterisk, now i`m
installing RH 9.
The digital quintum have 4 E1 ports and we have brought iDCS with
dialogic card installed, is thr anyway I could use Asterisk for this ?
My question what files I need to modify on asterisk for SIP and H323
working and place calls.
Can any 1 send a sample config for SIP and h323 please?

Best regards,

Mohd. Imran Kamal