[Asterisk-Users] What different between asterisk-oh323 andastersk's chan_h323 ?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Mar 15 02:32:46 MST 2005

I have one and only one reason to use OH323, and that is it
works with Cisco's CallManager.  The standard H323 channel
has one-way audio issues when connected to CCM and fixing them
has been identified as a low priority/never going to happen
task.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Charles
Wang
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:04 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] What different between asterisk-oh323
andastersk's chan_h323 ?

Dear ALL:

I find that everybody discuss with asterisk-oh323 instead of chan_h323
of asterisk channels. Why do they choose asterisk-oh323 and not use
the build-in module (chan_h323)? What different between these two
componments?

In my guess, the build-in module should be easy to implement rather
than setup another application(asterisk-oh323) expect some bugs or
failed functions on chan_h323.

Dose anybody tell me how to implement a Asterisk to H323(register to
gatekeeper)?

I want my asterisk(as GW mode) register to GNUGK.

Best Regards
Charles
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: