[Asterisk-Users] How NuFone.Net's customer service works.

Linn Boyd lboyd.lists at fractionit.com
Mon Mar 14 16:04:46 MST 2005

Hello All,

    I have been using asterisk for some time, and I would like for all
to take a look at what NuFone does when they get something called out
about their website. I ordered a 800 number from them on 3/4/05, they
did not make me aware of the time that they took in provisioning and how
terrible their support was. I called them on Tuesday 3/8/05 asked for a
phone call because the number had a weird message, also I emailed them
on 3/7/05 and asked about the problem it took them until 3/11/05 to
respond, I responded back to them and they ignored me until Today.
Finally I got someone on the phone reguarding this and they said "don't
bother us until after the 18th as we won't do anything, it says 10 days
to provision a vanity" I told them, if the site said that, I wouldn't
have accepted the terms. They said so, we won't refund you and that we
have your money already. I emailed support with a screen shot of the
website and asked him where it said 7-10, well at first he said it was
on the at&t site then he said I edited my screen shot, this is after he
changed his website. You can look at both of the pictures the first one
is here http://www.fractionit.com/nufone.jpg and the second one is here
http://www.fractionit.com/nufone2.jpg I hope that people that care about
customer service avoid NuFone.net

Thanks,

Linn

Here are a couple of the emails that he sent me.

Linn Boyd - FractionIT wrote:

> This is a current shot of your order did, it doesn't show it until
> after it is ordered. this is not correct, either full refund, or we
> will dispute the charges today.

It is very obvious you edited that screen shot.  Processing fees are not
refundable as defined in our terms and conditions, which you agreed to
prior to signing up.

$10 is available for refund, that is all and we will own rights to your
toll-free number.

Jeremy McNamara

Linn Boyd - FractionIT wrote:

> where does your website show it? it does not show it, i have screen
> shots about this, plus your support sucks

There is a one-time $25 fee to choose your own number
and this process takes 7 to 10 business days
<http://businessesales.att.com/products_services/tollfreeproduct_cataloglookup.jhtml>

Plus, the email you received also states the same

Jeremy McNamara